TNG shared lib

Elrond elrond at samba.org
Sat May 13 14:46:27 GMT 2000

Hi,

Oh well, aix.

Normaly my area. But I admit, that I'm currently ignoring
aix in the field of samba completely. (and my next target
is HP-UX, cause that seems to be more complex. ;))

I currently only have one suggestion:

Compile static:
./configure --disable-shared

Lars, could you add this suggestion somewhere on your
pages?

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 12:22:32AM +1000, William Jojo wrote:
[...]
> I'm assuming .libs should be ./libs.....if someone would like to point out where
> it decides this, I'd gladly fix it....
[...]

No, the dot is right, these are internal hidden directories
of libtool, and libtool seems to be broken for aix and the
type of build, samba is currently using.

I will look at it at some time... Just remind me in 2 or 3
weeks. ;)

Oh, and you wont have much fun on aix with TNG, unless you
restrict your nt boxes to names stricly shorter then 8
chars (that is, max 7 chars).

    Elrond