Wins

Jens Skripczynski Skripi at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri May 12 21:02:42 GMT 2000

Marcin Jakubowski:
> I have Linux as a PDC and win95/98 log in domain without problem.
1) PDC functionality has _nothing_ to do with 95/98 domain logons.
   Primary Domain Controller was and the underlying security system
   can only be used with NT4 and NT5 alias NT 2000.

> My friend have real WinNT but his wins cann not see my network.
Well your information is not sufficient on this subject.
1) be your friends setup (IPX or TCP/IP).
2) smb.conf file
3) did you enable wins
4) What do the logfiles tell you ?

>     Samba 2.0.6 from Debian package

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
E-Mail: skripi at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de

Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working
properly if you open windows.