password problems

Janet Dickson janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Thu May 11 14:54:21 GMT 2000

Hi
	I've set up samba-tng release 2.5.3 dated 3rd May on the ftp site under
Solaris 7.

	I have 2 WinNT machines. One can join my sambatng domain, the other
cannot find the domain controller for the domain.  Both machines are in
/private/smbpasswd. The machine that cannot join can see the domain in
nethood but it is empty.  It can see stuff in other domains (and join
them). Nothing's appearing in the logs to give me any clue.

	Anyone any ideas why one machine can join and the other cannot ?

	Janet

Janet Dickson                        |
http://www.bioss.sari.ac.uk/~janet
Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland | email: janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
The King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd    | Telephone: +44 (0) 131 650 4888
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ, Scotland, UK.     | Fax: +44 (0) 131 650 4901