Unable to connect to printer

jahall at nea.org jahall at nea.org
Wed May 10 21:15:31 GMT 2000

I am running SAMBA TNG 2.5 on a RedHat 6.1 box.  Everything within SAMBA is
working great except for printing.

I have created an entry in the printcap file for the printer and I am able to
print to the printer from the Linux box without any problems.

When I try to connect to the printer using the Add Printer icon, I receive the
following message "Could not connect to the printer.  The printer name is
invalid."  However, I am able to add the printer using net use lpt1:
\\servername\printername.

Jay