Problems with Samba from a moron

Nicholas Wong nwong at booksys.com
Tue May 9 19:03:11 GMT 2000

Hi, I just started my life as home/office netadmin. Elected from my
grassroots Game Development team, and I am having the folowing problems with
Samba, if anyone could help with any of these, I would be really greatfull.

First, I can't seem to make the domain secure. We have a machine that can
join the workgroup without logging in, and browse everything on the
computers in the domain, but not the server becuase there is no Guest access
on it.

Second, The server seems to quit working after being left alone for several
hours.

Third, Win2000 no likey. Dosn't find the domain, dosn't log in, IOW: no
like-y. Tried the NT workstation rules, didn't work.

If someone could send me a good smb.conf file that would really help me out.
Thanks!

Viper-X