where to get samba tng (w/o cvs)

Jens Skripczynski Skripi at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue May 9 18:09:30 GMT 2000

Hayden Wimmer:
> where do i get tng??? i went to samba.org and get the "latest" and it didnt
> cure the nt admin probs i have been having...and when i cvs it says
> error-can't fine home dir...
>
> DONT use win zip to unzip the tar and gzip files.  i did that and then
> ftp'ed them to the server and it wouldnt complie but when i used gzip -c and
> then tar -x -f it compiled fine... just a warning.

*HMM* I haven't had the error's you are describing but have a look at these
pages :

SAMBA-TNG FAQ
    http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/index.php3
    ^^ this should document how to get tng working...
    Hope you did not read the "old" FAQ on samba.org as it is a bit
    out of date...

SAMBA Bug report "How to"
    http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/bugreport.php3
SAMBA Bug report template
    http://www.kneschke.de/projekte/samba_tng/faq/samba-bugreport-template.txt

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
E-Mail: skripi at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de

Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working
properly if you open windows.