Multiple boot PCs

Janet Dickson janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
Tue May 9 12:15:58 GMT 2000

Hi
	I have  2.0.5a as a production server (Win9x machines) and a TNG-alpha
server set up from cvs on May 1st.

	I have a multiple boot PC (Win98/WinNT/Win2k). I can logon to the
sambaTNG domain from Win98 and Win2000 so the server is working OK.
However, when I try to logon to the sambaTNG domain from WinNT it says
'The domain controller for this domain cannot be located'.

	I have an earlier NTdomain server (2.1.0-prealpha) that has been up and
running for some time now. I have another WinNT PC which logs into this
domain, but when I try and change it to sambaTNG it also says 'The
domain controller for this domain cannot be located'.  The machine
accounts have been set up on both Samba servers.

	One further question - can I mount the private, profile and netlogon
directories via NIS or would this cause any problems ?

	Janet

Janet Dickson                        |
http://www.bioss.sari.ac.uk/~janet
Biomathematics & Statistics Scotland | email: janet at bioss.sari.ac.uk
The King's Buildings, Mayfield Rd    | Telephone: +44 (0) 131 650 4888
Edinburgh EH9 3JZ, Scotland, UK.     | Fax: +44 (0) 131 650 4901