SAMBA & Printing to a WinX share

markus stephany merkes at t-online.de
Sun May 7 17:02:17 GMT 2000

>> PS: For you NT experts, how do I force a share off?  I do not wish to
>> share drive C:, yet everytime I turn off the share of "C:" and
>> "C:\WINNT" it comes back.

PS> Dunno.  That's weird.  We've never had any trouble with this.

PS> Peter

those are so called "Administrative Shares", they are recreated at
every reboot by default.

to stop this, you have to add a value to the registry:

- NT Server :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters -> (DWORD)AutoShareServer = 0

- NT Workstation :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters -> (DWORD)AutoShareWks = 0

--
rgds, markus stephany
mailto:merkes at merkespages.de
http://www.merkespages.de