Problems building samba tng from cvs (fwd)

Anders C. Thorsen anders at aae.wisc.edu
Fri May 5 23:43:08 GMT 2000

I'm having the _exact_ same problem. Commenting out those two lines
causes the program to continue. This might be some gcc problem.

I've seen the problem on the following machines:

1:	RedHat 6.2, w/ libc 2.1.3
	gcc ver. 2.99.61

2:	Debian 2.2 w/ libc 2.1.3
	gcc ver. 2.95.2

3:	Debian 2.1 w/ libc 2.0.7
	gcc ver. 2.95.2

All with Linux 2.2.14 / 2.2.13.

I've not been having enough time to track this one down,
but it applies to cvs tng from last Sunday till now....

--Anders

----- Forwarded message from M.S. Damen -----

-DSMB_ALIAS_FILE="/opt/samba-tng/private/smbalias"
Using LIBS = -lreadline -lcurses  -ldl -lcrypt
Compiling rpc_client/cli_login.c with libtool
In file included from include/includes.h:704,
                 from rpc_client/cli_login.c:23:
include/proto.h:425: parse error before `POSIX_ID'
include/proto.h:427: parse error before `*'
make: *** [rpc_client/cli_login.lo] Error 1
[root at cc7986-a source]#