TNG-2.5.3. Unable to access the files on the PDC.

Dmitri B.Gofmekler gosha at arvid.ee
Fri May 5 12:32:19 GMT 2000

Hi,

The problem is the following: I can login into the domain but can not
access any shares on PDC.

PDC running Samba-TNG-alpha-2.5.3, RedHAT 6.1
(Samba configured to bind to the second LAN card (eth1) and loopback lo)

Client - Windows NT 4.0 Workstation SP5.

Compressed my log files (log level = 100):
http://www.arvid.ee/opt.samba-tng.var.tar.bz2

And the smb.conf file is:

smb.conf:

[global]

#NetBIOS name isn't needed if it's the same as the hostname
netbios name = MASTER
workgroup = ARVID

interfaces = 192.168.0.1 127.0.0.1
bind interfaces only = True
name resolve order = lmhosts host wins dns
#log level = 100

#flat files that map Unix groups to NT type groups.
#these files take the form unix_group = `Windows NT group''
domain group map = /opt/samba-tng/private/domaingroup.map
domain alias map = /opt/samba-tng/private/domainalias.map

#Domain controllers use user security and we need encrypted
#passwords (see ENCRYPTION.txt)
security = user
domain logons = yes
encrypt passwords = yes
admin users = gosha root

#And in order for us to be *sure* to win browser elections
os level = 65
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
local master = yes

#WINS is the equivalent of DNS for NetBIOS.
wins support = yes
time server = yes

#the next lines are equivalent to the various profile details
#found in NT's User Manager
logon script = login.bat
logon drive = U:
logon home = \\%L\%U
logon path = \\%L\profile\%U

#share all home directories
[homes]
browseable = no
writable = yes
comment = Users' home directories

#set up netlogon share for system policies and login scripts
[netlogon]
path = /opt/samba-tng/netlogon
writable = no
guest ok = no
comment = PDC netlogon share

#the profiles share
#to create automatic subdirs for the different users
#chmod 1777 /opt/samba-tng/profile
[profile]
path = /opt/samba-tng/profile
writeable = yes
browseable = no

[web]
path = /home/httpd
read only = no

[1s]
path = /home/1s
#browseable = no
public = yes
comment = Accountant database
writeable  = yes
force group = arvid
create mask = 0770
directory mask = 0770
force create mode = 0770
force directory mode = 0770

[arvid]
path = /share/arvid
browseable = yes
comment = A-Arvid Computers work files.
writeable = yes
force group = arvid
create mask = 0770
directory mask = 0770
force create mode = 0770
force directory mode = 0770

[doc]
path = /usr/doc
browseable = yes
read only = yes
comment = /usr/doc standart linux documentation

Thanks in advance for any help,
Sincerely yours,
----
Dmitri B. Gofmekler <gosha at arvid.ee>, ICQ: 8168758