Question about Global groups

Rich Webb ntdom at webbhq.net
Fri May 5 01:04:34 GMT 2000

Does the domain controller code allow for global groups?  I want to be able
to use the samba server as a domain controller for my terminal server and
use the policy editor to set up policies based on groups.  If you have
worked with policies, you will know that policies do not work with local
groups (which is all that is available in a stand-alone server environment).
So I am attempting to make the linux box provide global groups and act like
an NT domain controller for the policies to work correctly.  Is this
possible yet?

I don't want to install my terminal server as a domain controller because I
don't want all the overhead of the domain controller functions slowing down
my applications and I don't want to purchase NT Server solely for purpose of
domain authentication.

Rich