WARNING - Love Letter Virus alert!

Paul Rogers paul.rogers at mis-cds.com
Thu May 4 16:51:55 GMT 2000

Hello,

The Love Letter virus is currently doing the rounds in Europe
on a large scale. It will soon become clear whether the US
and the rest of the world is affected. Sorry to mass mail but
it has managed to bring a number of large organisations to a
halt today.

If you receive an e-mail with the subject title (ignore
underscores, should be one word - used to get past our mail
sweeping software) I_LOVE_YOU, do NOT open this mail and delete
it immediately. It is a variant of the Melissa worm, except it
is destructive to local and network drives. This affects
computers running Windows 95/98/NT/2000, Microsoft Outlook and
Microsoft Internet Explorer.

For an explanation of the Love Letter virus or a solution if
you have been infected, please visit:

http://www.mis-cds.com/news/security/20000504vbs.html

Many thanks,

Paul Rogers,
Development Analyst.

MIS Corporate Defence Solutions Limited

Tel:		+44 (0)1622 723422 (Direct Line)
		+44 (0)1622 723400 (Switchboard)
Fax:		+44 (0)1622 728580
Website:	http://www.mis-cds.com/

Paul Rogers,
Development Analyst.

MIS Corporate Defence Solutions Limited

Tel:		+44 (0)1622 723422 (Direct Line)
		+44 (0)1622 723400 (Switchboard)
Fax:		+44 (0)1622 728580
Website:	http://www.mis-cds.com/

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communications is strictly prohibited.

The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual and not necessarily of MIS Corporate Defense Solutions Ltd. Any prices quoted are only valid if followed up by a formal written quote.

If you have received this transmission in error, please contact our Security Manager on 44 (0) 1622 723400.