Following LDAP referrals?

Chris Garrigues cwg-samba-ntdom at DeepEddy.Com
Wed May 3 21:11:49 GMT 2000

I want to have certain users who have valid accounts across all my systems
(myself, for instance), so I set up an LDAP referral to an LDAP database
containing those accounts.  This works fine for Unix logins, but doesn't work
for samba logins.  This is because ldap_search_for (in ldap.c) calls
ldap_search_s with a scope of LDAP_SCOPE_ONELEVEL instead of LDAP_SCOPE_SUBTREE.

Is there a good reason for using LDAP_SCOPE_ONELEVEL or can this be changed to
LDAP_SCOPE_SUBTREE.

Also, a related question.  It looks like users and groups are expected to be
in the same part of the LDAP tree.  Would it be possible to put them in
separate places?

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                 virCIO
http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/	http://www.virCIO.Com

  My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination.  For an
  explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

    Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
      but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.