spoolss printing with NT

Michael Glauche mg at plum.de
Wed May 3 19:24:33 GMT 2000

Ok .. I did play around with the new spoolss code (TNG 2.5.3) and nt 4.0 :
 I got it to work .. sort of ;)

When I add a new Printer to the server, it installs the printer-driver in the
print$ share, but then
I get a:
add_a_printer_driver_3: Cannot create driver file
[/opt/samba-tng/lib/NTdriver_W32X86_Kyocera F-800]. Error was Keine Berechtigung
(no right to write there)
Ok .. changed permission to .../lib to 777 and did try again, then it worked.
(is there a smb.conf option to change this location ?)

I can now see the queue of the Linux-Printer (at least it seems so).

When I now try to print a test-page (within the printer-setup) it fails.

When I click on the new Printer in the folders "Printers" on the samba-server,
(there
where I can find the queue), I can add the driver for the printer to the local
machine (works fine),
but I can't print.
The port (in the NT window) is set to "lp" (the name of the normal lpr printer),
and I get
malformed printer driver entry (no :)
malformed printer driver entry (no :)
write_socket_data: write failure. Error = Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken
pipe)
write_socket: Error writing 32 bytes to socket 6: ERRNO = Datenübergabe
unterbrochen (broken pipe)

in the logfile.

Is this suppose to work ? :) (i.e. does it make sense to look further into this
yet ? ;) It looks very promising !

btw .. "normal" printing works fine with 2.5.3 ... (use local port
\\server\printer)

TIA,
   Michael