undefinde sys_

Jens Skripczynski Skripi at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
Tue May 2 19:10:42 GMT 2000

Hi,

I got the same Problems with configure...

So as everytime:
G E N E R A L
* * * * * * * *
-------------
OS          : linux (redhat 6.2b)
-------------
Compiler    :  gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)
-------------
CVS-Branch  :  SAMBA_TNG
-------------
Version/Date:  today (how can I retrive the time of the last update ?)
-------------
Error Type  : reproduceable
-------------
Short Desc. : configure twice. Once shared mem and once locking
-------------
Trigger     :

make distclean
CFLAGS="-m486 -O2" ./configure \
--prefix=/usr/local/sw/i386_lnx2/samba-head-2000.04.29/  \
--with-gnu-ld \
--with-automount  \
--with-pam  \
--with-sam-pwdb=passdb \
--with-syslog \
--with-privatedir=/usr/local/etc/samba/private/ \
--with-lockdir=/var/lock/samba/  \
--sysconfdir=/usr/local/etc/samba \
--localstatedir=/var/log/samba/
make

-------------
Solution    : Workaround: 1) look in config.log for gcc error with sys_
-------------             2) erase the sys_
                          3) rm -f config.cache
                          4) continue with one until no more errors and
                             warnings occure (shared mem)

               error since: It seems to me that the change Tuesday May 2, 2000
               @ 14:50 of fcntl_lock.c did break the lock checking.

               the shared mem change i did not find yet.

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
E-Mail: skripi at hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de

Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working
properly if you open windows.