Domain / Workgroup Problems...

Marco Kaiser kaiser at 3points.de
Tue May 2 13:40:41 GMT 2000

Hi,

i'm new at this ML and sorry for my bad english. :-P

Ok here my problem. I have samba 2.0.6 he is the PDC in my local network.
In the network are few Windows NT and some Win9x PC.
The problem is 1x Win9x and 1x Winnt cant see any PC in the network but if i
try \\<pcname> thats work. Some con see my Linux box and 1-3 NT and 1-4
Win9X and other more Win9x and none NT, Linux PC's. Whats wrong?

here my Global section of the SMB server. I have on all machines the TCP/IP
protocol installed ... it works great but i cat see in my Network the other
PC.

[global]
   workgroup = deepspace
   server string = VOYAGER
   keep alive = 30
   debug level = 3

   hosts allow = 192.168. 127.
   hosts deny = all
   interfaces = 192.168.10.1/24
   bind interfaces only = yes

   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes

   log file = /var/log/sambalog.%m
   log level = 8
   max log size = 50
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY

   nt smb support = no
   nt pipe support = no
   nt acl support = no

#DOMAIN CONTROLLER
   os level = 50
   preferred master = yes
   local master = yes
   wins support = yes
   domain master = yes
   lm interval = 0
   domain logons = yes
   time server = yes
   logon path = \\%N\home\profile
   logon script = logon.bat
   name resolve order = lbcast host mhosts wins

Thanks