Password change under NT

Greg Roberts gregr at ee.uwa.edu.au
Tue May 2 01:10:36 GMT 2000

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Michael Glauche wrote:

> > Hi all. I'm currently having problems with changing passwords under NT and
> > having this new password being stored in /etc/yp/passwd and smbpasswd.
>
> Its not working as of TNG 2.5, but Luke promised to fix it ;)

Hmmm, ok. So what do people recommend my next step be:

1. - grab pre-2.5 source from somewhere (where?) and use this?

2. - wait for it to be fixed?

I don't have a lot of time and if I can't get this feature working, then
I'm going to scrap Samba all together. There's not much point in using it
as a logon mechanism if users can't change their password from one point
and have it updated for both smbpasswd and NIS (it would cause too much
confusion).

Greg Roberts

Computer Systems Officer
Dept. of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
The University of Western Australia
NEDLANDS WA 6907 Australia

Ph    : +61-08-9380-7366
Fax   : +61-08-9380-1065