Join NT4 BDC to Samba/TNG PDC

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Mon May 1 01:10:58 GMT 2000

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 10:44:01PM +1000, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> At 10:30 PM 4/30/00 +1000, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> >ummm... it's generally a really, really, bad idea to put exchange on more
> >than one machine.

> Hmmm, I kinda had the impression that it was a "really, really bad idea to
> put exchange on more that zero machines" :-)

	Actually....  Things do seem to go steadily down hill after the
first one.  One of those slippery slope thingies.  Trouble is that after
you lay in a thousand users or so and add a decent amount of E-Mail
traffic on top of that, one server ain't gonna cut it.  Of course, with
multiple servers you get a law of diminishing returns.  At what point
does the demand on the network from synchronization of multiple exchange
servers exceed the random acts of terrorism resulting from overloading one.
I think the answer is "two".  :-)

> Regards
> -------
> Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com, Master Linux Administrator :-),
> Samba (Team member, www.samba.org), Ethereal (Team member, www.zing.org)
> Co-author, SAMS Teach Yourself Samba in 24 Hours
> Author: First Australian 5-day, intensive, hands-on Linux SysAdmin course
> Author: First Australian 2-day, intensive, hands-on Samba course

	Mike
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 331-2437   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/