FW: added/new functionality?

ccoupal at justice.gov.sk.ca ccoupal at justice.gov.sk.ca
Fri Mar 31 21:30:00 GMT 2000

Greetings,

I'm configuring my fourth Samba server and I have been having more problems
than the other three combined!

I have created 2 shares on the server (cnv_tst_w, cnv_tst_r). They show up
in the browser, and I can connect to cnv_tst_w, but when I try to connect to
the cnv_tst_r, I get "the network name cannot be found".

This also occurred for the cnv_tst_w share when it was called cnv_tst_write.

My question is this, is there a limit to the length of shares? I thought it
was 15, but cnv_tst_write didn't work and cnv_tst_w did?

Why would I be able to see and connect to cnv_tst_w, but not cnv_tst_r?

Chris