problem with adding computers to domain

geoffrey lee snail_talk at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 31 14:06:28 GMT 2000

hi all,

seems there is a problem with adding computers to the domain for me. :( i
was trying to add a computer to the domain on which the samba is the nt pdc.
(i've tried this with both 2.0.6 and 2.0.7pre2 and they have the problem.)
when the ntpdc is ifup ppp0 (yeh, i know it's a bad idea, :( but at least i
block my ports iwth ipchains ...) it returns an error saying that it could
not update the local security on my nt box. once i ifdown ppp0 then all
works great again.

the obvious fix is to ifdown ppp0 when i add computers, but why does this
happen?

Geoff.