samsync problem

Michael Musikhin desert at od.uz.gov.ua
Thu Mar 30 13:10:31 GMT 2000

>>       PDC (WinNT 4.0, SP 6) and BDC (linux 2.2.13, with two
>> ethernet interfaces). With rpcclient i have following dialogue:
>>
>> $ ./rpcclient -S PDC -U admin%pass -W DOMAIN
>> [DOMAIN\admin at PDC]$ lsaquery
>> lsaquery
>> LSA Query Info Policy
>> Domain Member     - Domain: DOMAIN SID: some-sid-xxxx
>> Domain Controller - Domain: DOMAIN SID: some-sid-xxxx
>> [DOMAIN\admin at PDC]$ createuser BDC$ -s -j
>> createuser BDC$ -s -j
>> BDC$: option requires an argument -- j

HPR> You didn't join the domain. In newer versions of TNG the option -j has an
HPR> argument: the domain name. So your command should look like

HPR> createuser BDC$ -s -j DOMAIN

  failed again... can't set $MACHINE.ACC:

[DOMAIN\admin at PDC]$ createuser BDC$ -s -j DOMAIN
createuser BDC$ -s -j DOMAIN
SAM Create Domain User
Domain: DOMAIN Name: bdc$ ACB: [S          ]
socket connect to /tmp/.smb.0/agent failed: Connection refused
error connecting to 10.4.100.2:445 (Connection refused)
Create Domain User: OK
Join BDC to Domain DOMAIN
LSA_OPENSECRET:
LSA_OPENSECRET: