TNG "no locking available" error, HP/UX

Gregory Leblanc GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu
Thu Mar 30 00:19:35 GMT 2000

Well, ok, that makes sense, kinda.  But it's still "unsafe" to compile
programs as root (not that it stops me).

> oh, and yes: you always have to run the configure script on a
> local file
> system :)

ok, this one is just evil, and broken, I think.  I run one tiny network from
a single server, the workstations don't really have much locally...
Basically just config files, everything is stored on the server, and
homedirectories are all on that server.  Solaris comes set up with sort of
non-local home directories by default.  What's up wif dat local restriction?
	Greg