Looking for a WORKING version ....

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Wed Mar 29 23:11:28 GMT 2000

Juergen Bock wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm getting desparate here. All I'm looking for is a PDC that allows
> me Domain Logins, Password setting from NTSP5 and connecting
> to remote machines as admin (ie. c$). Don't need user manager
> and such.

Yesterday's CVS from about midday works like a bought one. I am running
it on a RedHat 6.0 box and managed to get NTSP5 to join the domain using
the NT Clicky boxy thing. I can run User Damager for Domains and
actually managed to create a user. The logins are a litle slow, but it
looks like it might be a NetBIOS name resolution thing (in my case
anyway).

> Can anybody tell me if there is something out there that has all the
> features needed and what platform it runs? Has anybody used
> 2.0.x successfully for remote connects?

Hope it helps,
Matt
--
Matthew Geddes
Network Manager

mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au

"Our goal for the next release of Windows 2000 is to have zero bugs."
- Lucovsky, Microsoft