TNG "no locking available" error, HP/UX

Paul Kennedy pkennedy at loudcloud.com
Wed Mar 29 19:38:49 GMT 2000

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> paul,
>
> please can you try compiling cvs main as well, and see if that works.  i
> just updated the configure script from cvs main, and i may have got things
> wrong.
>
> you _are_ doing the ./configure as root, yes?

Er, no I'm not. I never have built as root in the past.

I think I know what the problem was. I pulled into a fresh workarea in
/usr/samba-tng and ran ./configure to successful completion. I normally like
to consolidate my cvs workareas beneath my home-directory (e.g.
/h/paul/projects/samba-tng). Looks like the ./configure step is failing
because this directory is NFS rather than local.

Pk.