Again: Problems joining the domain with a BDC

Hans-Peter Raschke Hans-Peter.Raschke at gmx.de
Fri Mar 24 16:27:07 GMT 2000

Hello,

now I'm really stuck and need some hints in setting up a BDC with a NT PDC. I
installed samba-tng-alpha-1.2 according to Lars FAQ. But when I want to join
the domain with the samba BDC an error message occurs:

$ createuser QMPC2$ -s -j DS

    SAM Create Domain User
    Domain: DS Name: QMPC2$ ACB: [S                  ]
    Create Domain User: OK
    Join QMPC2 to Domain DS
    LSA_OPENSECRET:
    LSA_OPENSECRET:
    Set $MACHINE.ACC: FAILED

On the NT PDC the machine QMPC2 account appears as an BDC. But in the
event log there are errror messages like connection refused - no trust account
for machine QMPC2 in the sam database (translated from german).

What can I do now?

thx HP

Hans-Peter Raschke      E-Mail: Hans-Peter.Raschke at gmx.de
Wintermann DatenService Tel.:   ++49 441 9304064
Langenweg 16            Fax:    ++49 441 9304069
D-26125 Oldenburg