Password Change from NT client

Ondrej Hanak hanak at IRIS.osu.cz
Fri Mar 24 12:49:19 GMT 2000

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Henning Eiben wrote:

> [...]

Old password is not needed, cause during passwd change effective uid is 0
(root). Passwd chat is a some kind of alchymism. If you have chat debug
turned on, so you can see you trouble in log.smb. For detailed info. set
log level=100. Then you will be able to solve this. For me this works fine:
passwd chat = "*New password*" %n\n "*New password*" %n\n
"*Successfully*" on RH.

Hope this helps.
Hoj O.H.