Password Change from NT client

Henning Eiben eiben at busitec.de
Fri Mar 24 11:53:10 GMT 2000

Well, I seem to have some trouble with my passwd chat ... could you give me
a hand? This is part of my smb.conf:

encrypt passwords = yes
unix password sync = true
passwd chat debug = true
passwd chat = "*New Password*" %n\n "*New password (again)*" %n\n "*Password
changed*"

For some reason this doesn't work ... I changed my chat-script to this:

passwd chat = "*Password*" %o\n "*New password*" %n\n "*New password
(again)*" %n\n "*Password changed*"

But Samba tells me, that I can't use the %o with encrypted passwords ... any
hints?

--
Henning Eiben
eiben at busitec.de                               busitec GmbH