Logging in on the "Any"-domain

Krister Emren criz_81 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 24 11:24:52 GMT 2000

Hello!

  I would like to setup my Samba server so that it
will attempt to login all clients, regardless of the
domain they wish to login to. I have read through some
of the code, but have not been able to find where
Samba determines, based on domain name in request, if
it should reply to the message or just ignore it. If
any of you know where this is done, or knows of a
patch which gives this funtionality, please let me
know.

PS. In an earlier posting, a friend of mine got the
answer: "There exists a patch to allow Samba to
respond to multiple domain names". However, that was
not the problem. We do not need multiple domains, but
*any* domain - no matter what name it has. DS.

PPS. As I'm not subscribing to this list (or any of
the Samba lists), I would appreciate it if any replies
were sent to my e-mail address as well as to this
list. DDS.

                       / Christer