REALLY need help on TNG localization (charset, client codepage)!!!!

Serge Badamshin s_basfer at chat.ru
Fri Mar 24 04:42:12 GMT 2000

I wrote once, but had no answer.
It's all really confusing, need a help!!!

I've used samba-2.0.6 before, but needed accounts browsing, so
migrated to TNG-1.1.
There were many files with russian names, & I could see them well from
Win98 client when using samba 2.0.6. I used charset=KOI8-R, client
codepage=866.
But now with the same options TNG doesn't show theese files at all.
Comparing the two logs with high debug level from samba 2.0.6 and TNG 1.1,
I noticed that they're encoding those filenames in different ways.
When I turn off charset option, there is no encoding :)
So, where is the problem? May be I should change charsets/codepages somehow
or
smth else? Please, help.

 basf mailto:basfer at newmail.ru