passwords

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Thu Mar 23 21:55:49 GMT 2000

Jean Francois Micouleau wrote:

> added to samba at least 2 years ago: update encrypted password in
> smb.conf. It means you have to disable encypted password on the windows
> box as you need the clear text password to check against anything other
> than the NT/LM hashes.

I was under the impression (in fact I believe I have an e-mail Luke
posted on this very list) that the unix password sync option could be
used even with encrypt passwords = yes. If this does work, you could
expire all the Samba passwords and each user would need to change their
password when they log in next (assuming you can do this under Samba).

--
Matthew Geddes
Network Manager

mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au

"Our goal for the next release of Windows 2000 is to have zero bugs."
- Lucovsky, Microsoft