Status of domain logons from w2k clients.

Geordy Korte geordy at nai.nu
Thu Mar 23 00:13:55 GMT 2000

Hello samba team,

First I would like to congrat you guys/girls on one great product.  I have
been using samba 2.0.6 for a couple of months and have been very happy.  A
couples of days ago two new workstations arrived at the office and they
had Windows 2000 (AHHHHHHH) Prof.  You guest it no connection when loging
onto the PDC server (Samba).

Okay so start CVS and get playing.  I downloaded TNG 1.2 and compiled it.

I have read the Mailling lists and it seems the problem is due to a
password authentication.  From what I can figure out it seems the LM/NT
passwords do not match.  Without sounding like the other 1500 people that
would like to see this problem solved, I was wondering if anyone could
answer me the next couple of questions:

1. Is the problem related to LM/NT password.

2. If so any clues as to when it could be fixed.

3. If the problem cant be solved, is there anyway to tell w2k to act like
a normal NT machine and be nice

4. Am I a total idiot and has someone gotten the config to work ?(of so
please e-mail me)(config = Samba as PDC for a w2k network with roaming
profiles and SAM user authentication)

If anyone could please help me I would be gratefull...

Thanx in advanced and keep up the good work.

--
Geordy Korte

geordy at nai.nu		| ICQ 14458242
http://www.nai.nu	| Finger geordy at nai.nu for PGP key