problem with exiting profiles when switching from NT4 to Samba 2.0.6

Dmitri B.Gofmekler gosha at arvid.ee
Wed Mar 22 15:36:32 GMT 2000

At 02:28 AM 23.03.00 +1100, you wrote:
>I know I could delete all profiles and recreate them, because I really
>have only ten accounts, but I wonder if another solution exists or not
>because one of my accounts is very important and have lots of software
>installed so I don't know if they will all work after that.
>
>any help, idea or link will be much appreciated.

In system (control panel) is a tab - profiles. (Don't remember about the
server, Workstation has). There is a button - "copy to" or something like
it, you should use this tool to make a copies of your profile to some other
place and there is possible to chenge the user who permitted to use this
profile, change it to user in new domain.

Advices:
1. You can use any workstation, that has a local cached copies of user
profiles.
2. Do not copy profile for user, currently logged into domain - logoff will
rewrite the profile.

Hope it helps.

Best,
----