Cannot map network drive from NT

tschweikle at FIDUCIA.de tschweikle at FIDUCIA.de
Tue Mar 21 12:57:10 GMT 2000

greg at discreet.com:

> You need to turn off encrypted passwords on NT. There is a .reg
> file in the distribution for that.

Damn bogus tips! Turn on encripted passwords in smb.conf instead.
The other way you'll break security in your own network!

Have a look at the SMB-HOWTO how to do this (ist's written for
Linux, but it is the same with IRIX).

--
ThomasFrom tschweikle at FIDUCIA.de Tue Mar 21 13:02:10 2000