Samba 2.04b / 2.06

Peter Huber ph at uni-wh.de
Tue Mar 21 12:22:32 GMT 2000

Hello,

I have a problem migrating from samba 2.04b to 2.06. In our network the samba
server is a domain controller as far as possible. Everything is working fine
with 2.04 version. A few days ago, I compiled the 2.06 and installed it on our
fileserver (Intel, RedHat 6.1, shadow pw not md5). First it seems to work fine,
but then I had problem in syncing the smbpassword with the unix password. With
the old version there was no problem, but now it seems impossible to sync the
passwords. I have changed nothing on the smb.conf. I compiled the 2.06 with the
pam option and without it. No change.
Has anyone an idea? I attached my smb.conf.

Thanx

Peter Huber

(See attached file: smb.conf)