samba-tng-alpha-1.1.tar.gz

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Mon Mar 20 19:07:24 GMT 2000

ok, there are some issues with using GETDC (domain controller locater)
requests that i am trying to resolve.  looks like you _another_ case that
i need to analyse.

please can you either run netmon on your nt wksta and capture the UDP 138
traffic going between the nt wksta and the samba tng server, while trying
to run usrmgr, or use log level 100 and send me log.nmb.  hmm, netmon
capture would be better, it's decoded properly.

try doing this:

usrmgr \\sambatngservername.

you will get a prompt saying server is a member of domain, focus will be
set to domain.

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000, Michael Breuer wrote:

> Luke,
>
> I removed all the duplicate user<->group entries.  Root works properly now, crashes have stopped.  But... I can't join w2k
> workstations to the domain and I can't run usrmgr.  The error in both cases is that the W2K box could not "find the domain
> controller."  [Verbage differs slightly, but meaning is the same.]
>
> TNG 1.1; IRIX 6.5.7f.  If you want the smb.conf, I'll send it privately.
>
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
> [snip]
>

> > the upshot of fixing this is that joining an nt workstation to a TNG
> > domain is now _extremely_ fast: a couple of seconds, if that, and
> > USRMGR.EXE comes up very rapidly, too.

ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals