Help: 2.0.5 Domain Logons take over 30seconds!

Gerald Carter cartegw at Eng.Auburn.EDU
Fri Mar 17 22:15:23 GMT 2000

> Vince Vallee wrote:
>
> Newbie question here,
>
> I am running Samba 2.0.5 on Solaris 2.7/intel. I have 1 public share
> and 2 shares for users (their ~/ directories). Samba is setup as a
> local master and domain controller (PDC). I have a 2 user network (so
> far) with one win95 and one win98 machine.
>
> Seems that the domain logon takes very long, is there anything that I
> could look at to troubleshoot this? The log.smb does not indicate any
> problems, so I'm a little lost. Since I am a newbie, maybe I have a
> setting in smb.conf that could be causing this?

Probably looking for the config.pol file or something.
Check the list archives and MS documentation (KB) for references
to the policy editor and config.pol.

For future reference, questions related to stable Samba versions
and Windows 9x (unless firectly related to SAMBA_TNG code branch)
should be directed to the main list.

Cheers,
jerry
                            Gerald ( Jerry ) Carter