Netbios Scope ID

Lars Kneschke lars at kneschke.de
Fri Mar 17 16:11:00 GMT 2000

"Stüber, Gordon" wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I would need help in a small problem i have.
> I am setting up a linux file server (REDHAT 6.1 SAMBA 2.06) in a nt
> environment, that has a netbios scope id.
> As far as i know samba is not supporting this feature.
> So it would be nice if someone could give some help to set this up....
[root at knecke /root]# /opt/samba-tng/bin/smbd  -?
Usage: /opt/samba-tng/bin/smbd [-D] [-p port] [-d debuglevel] [-l log
basename]
[-s services file]
Version TNG-prealpha
        -D                    become a daemon
        -p port               listen on the specified port
        -d debuglevel         set the debuglevel
        -l log basename.      Basename for log/debug files
        -s services file.     Filename of services file
        -P                    passive only
        -a                    append to log file (default)
        -o                    overwrite log file, don't append
        -i scope              NetBIOS scope to use (default none)

The -i option is what you need.

Cu

--
Watch our projects at http://www.kneschke.de/projekte!
GGI-TV, KSamba, PXTools, Samba TNG FAQ, myWebalizer