TNG: Problem with %h macro in .conf files

Ian Jamison IJamison at iss-dsp.com
Fri Mar 17 14:46:40 GMT 2000

Hi,

I've just spent a while tracking down a problem with smbpasswd in TNG
(as of this morning). Finally I noticed that my host-specific smb.conf
(include /path/smb.conf.%h in the generic smb.conf) wan't being loaded.
It seems %h is empty for smbpasswd. So the daemons all fire up happily
(since they can see the rest of the .conf), and smbpasswd fails since it
can't find the domain user map file, can't map root, can't add root to
an empty smbpasswd file, etc, etc.

Is %h not supported any more, or is this just a bug?

'Bye,
IanJ.