Which NTDOM tree to use?

Ian Jamison IJamison at iss-dsp.com
Fri Mar 17 11:18:11 GMT 2000

Hi,

I'm a little confused by Lars' comments on Samba-HEAD wrt PDC support on
his TNG web pages. I thought that prior to TNG all the serious PDC
development was going into the HEAD revision, but the pages indicate
that HEAD has little or no PDC support.

I have an urgent requirement to run M$ Exchange server (unfortunately),
and it's complaining about unmapped users to RIDs, against a 2.0.5a
server. I'm not sure which tree is best to use as the PDC (TNG or HEAD).
Which is most stable at the moment? I need NT/98 logins, NT roaming
profiles, and support for user/group lists and of course M$ Exchange.
Domain user/groups in ACLs would be nice too - which I think steers me
more towards TNG? I can run 2.0.7 (or whatever) on the fileservers.

Can someone clear up which tree is the preferred tree?

'Bye,
IanJ.