[2.0.5a] Is "public = yes" ignored when using "security = domain" ???

Dominik Kubla dominik.kubla at uni-mainz.de
Thu Mar 16 22:06:46 GMT 2000

Dear Gentlefolk,

it appears as if the parameter "public = yes" is silently ignored
when using "security = domain" in v2.0.6.  Tracing the attempt to
map the share from outside our domain shows that smb tries to
authenticate against the domain and rejects the client.  If "public"
is the i would expect that smbd would just ignore username/password
information an let the client succeed...

Is this perhaps fixed in 2.0.6?  I am reluctant to upgrade this system
for no reason because it is mission critical to me and rock solid...

Yours,
  Dominik Kubla
--
  Networking Group,  Hospital of Johannes Gutenberg-University
  Obere Zahlbacher Straße 69, 55101 Mainz, Germany