samba-tng-alpha-0.16.tar.gz

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Thu Mar 16 21:55:38 GMT 2000

> problems (my local account and domain account are the same).  The only
> thing I've been able to see in the logs was from log.netlogon:
>
> cred_create
>         sess_key : D3DAD6EECE6F6156
>         stor_cred: 5D907507B0249A2A
>         timestamp: 0
>         timecred : 5D907507B0249A2A
>         calc_cred: A3A863CA57260A14
> cred_assert
>         challenge : 79D0A28DC945CEF6
>         calculated: A3A863CA57260A14
> credentials check wrong

nggh!

> There is no sign of my user_name trying to log in.  Let me know if there

no, because that's the stage _after_ this one, if net_auth2 succeeds,
which you have shown that it does not.

ok.  this is bugging me.

can you make sure you have compiled with ./configure.developer, put the
log level to 100, then restart samrd and then join the workstation to the
domain, using the network control panel to type in the root/administrator
username/password.

examine log.samr for a "samr_set_userinfo2" call that shows the password
being set for the workstation trust account, it will be a big chunk (516
bytes of trash) of data, followed by the tash being decoded, and the
password should be the-workstation-name-in-lower-case-unicode.

DAMMIT i need nt, this is intolerable.