samba-tng-alpha-0.16.tar.gz

Michael S. Hulet hulet at ittc.ukans.edu
Thu Mar 16 20:05:34 GMT 2000

> correctly, and this will have been noticeably failing before on any
> non-intel-word-order machines such as sun ultras and dec alphas etc.

Alright I bit on the dec alpha.  I cvs'd the latest TNG code 4 hours ago.
Compiled and installed on a DEC Alpha 4.0D with no problems except
install-sh was set mode 644 and wouldn't execute.  I joined the new domain
with no problems.  I received the "The system cannot log you on to this
domain because the system's computer account in its primary domain is
missing or the password on that account is incorrect"  I had a netbios
name = in my smb.conf but removed it and still the same problem.  I can
log into my machine locally and browse the new domain shares with no
problems (my local account and domain account are the same).  The only
thing I've been able to see in the logs was from log.netlogon:

cred_create
        sess_key : D3DAD6EECE6F6156
        stor_cred: 5D907507B0249A2A
        timestamp: 0
        timecred : 5D907507B0249A2A
        calc_cred: A3A863CA57260A14
cred_assert
        challenge : 79D0A28DC945CEF6
        calculated: A3A863CA57260A14
credentials check wrong

There is no sign of my user_name trying to log in.  Let me know if there
is something specific you want me to try otherwise I'll play around with
my smb.conf for awhile.

Michael Hulet
Network System Administrator
ITTC, University of Kansas