NT 4 login problems

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Wed Mar 15 22:33:24 GMT 2000

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> ok, i _think_ i've got it.  two out of two people who have login problems
> are using "netbios name = somethingotherthanthednsname".

It's also the case if netbios name=theDNSnamejustwithoutthedomainbit,
because I can now log onto a TNG domain from NT workstation. I still
cannot get TNG to join any domain (TNG OR NT). Whatever the problem is
(ie, my fault ;-)) it really appears to be on the client side. Can
anyone offer any suggestions for a TNG machine that can create an
account but not join the domain? I am using the root/Administrator
account.

Thanks for your help,
Matt

--
"Our goal for the next release of Windows 2000 is to have zero bugs."
- Lucovsky, Microsoft