NT 4 login problems

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at samba.org
Wed Mar 15 21:58:21 GMT 2000

um... sean, the logs show that you are using a user name of
"administrator", but your smb.conf file shows that there is no such user
"administrator".

... which is probably why you're not able to log in!

:)

so, you need to either use the username "ntadmin" in the nt logon
dialog, which i notice that you have, or "root", or "ntuser"

_or_ add a domain user map (you have a domain group map and domain alias
map but no user map) and map "administrator" to one of the three users.

 On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Sean E. Millichamp wrote:

> *sigh*... I didn't attach my smb.conf file, here it is...
>
> sean

>  Sean E. Millichamp, Consultant
>  Ingematics - A Division of Compu-Aid, Inc.

ISBN1578701503 DCE/RPC over SMB: Samba and Windows NT Domain Internals