Slow connection

Ondrej Hanak hanak at IRIS.osu.cz
Wed Mar 15 09:29:54 GMT 2000

We use samba-2.1 from 99/04/12 as PDC (PIII 450Mhz 128MB RAM on 10BASE-T).
And it has all features we need. We have cca 400 users.

For new users this message appeared:
"Slow network connection, bla bla..., Download profiles or use
local".

I red something about this problem in archive of NTDOM.
And that exists cause n-squared algorithm in authentication or something
like that. So on NT workstation side TIMEOUT exceeds and NT thinks about
slow connection.
Someone advised :

REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"SlowLinkDetectEnabled"=dword:00000000

Is this solved in new TNG code? Can somebody explain this one more time,
please?
What can i do with this?

O.H.