Business Works

Matthew Geddes mgeddes at xavier.sa.edu.au
Tue Mar 14 22:07:55 GMT 2000

Vojin Urosevic wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anybody run an accounting program of a Samba box?
> We use Business Works here and I am having a hard time getting it to run
> properly.
> I have not yet fully tried to debug where the problem is but I have heard
> of people having problems with Microsoft Access and other similar products.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
>
> vojin

If you are running an application that requires just a file server (no
database engines or the like), my experience is that you won't have too
many problems (in fact we've had less problem with multiple users
accessing files since we migrated one server). If there are drivers
installed or processes running for the application on the server, you
will probably have trouble.

Matt

--
"Our goal for the next release of Windows 2000 is to have zero bugs."
- Lucovsky, Microsoft