Still have logon problems

Tom Crummey tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 14 17:01:38 GMT 2000

Hello Jamie,

I do have a domain group map which maps our support group onto
domain admins:

support="EE\Domain Admins"
staff="EE\Domain Users"

We found we needed the EE\ to make it work before.
I am in the support group and we had all of this working 1 week ago.

I don't have a domain users map, but I didn't need that last week...

In any case, if I add the workstation using rpcclient, I shouldn't have
to worry about creating the workstation account from the client workstation.

The real problem is that on workstations added to the domain since last
Tuesday 7th March, I cannot log in to domain accounts. The Win 2000 box
I had joined to the domain last Monday still allows domain log ins. I
cannot understand why workstations that appear to join the domain
successfully (no matter which method is used) won't allow log ins.

Tom.

 Tom Crummey, Systems and Network Manager,      EMAIL: tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk
 Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
 University College London,                       TEL: +44 (0)20 7679 3898
 Torrington Place,                                FAX: +44 (0)20 7388 9307
 London, UK, WC1E 7JE.