[cciug] Need help/advice configuring Samba for ClearCase and

Greg Dickie greg at discreet.com
Tue Mar 14 14:10:34 GMT 2000

Hi Eric,

   I know we accomplish this with NFS on UNIX because DNS will return the
"closest" address to the client by default (ie: on the same subnet). My VOB
server has 5 ethernet interfaces and they are all referred to by the same name.
I believe if you set up one name in DNS with multiple IPs and then set the
client to use DNS for WINS resolution it will work.

Greg