Still have logon problems

Tom Crummey tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Mar 14 13:02:29 GMT 2000

Hello,

I saw that TNG was now fixed for logins etc, so I did a cvs update
this morning (14/3/00 10:45GMT) and rebuilt and installed it. There has been a
change in behaviour, but I still can't login on an NT 4 SP4 workstation
authenticating on the domain.

The change in behaviour is that when I try to add the workstation to the
domain, it gives me the error that the account I am using does not have
sufficient priviledges to add workstations to the domain. I am using the
root account and I also tried another account in the domain administrator's
group.

If I add the workstation account to the TNG PDC using rpcclient, the
workstation will join the domain (I get the Welcome to the EE domain message)
but domain logins still result in the message that the computer account
is missing or the password is wrong.

I have debug logs at level 100 and the smb.conf file is copied below.
Any hints on how to pursue this problem would be greatly appreciated.

The log files will are at:

http://www.ee.ucl.ac.uk/~tom/log.netlogon.html
http://www.ee.ucl.ac.uk/~tom/log.lsarpc.html

If you need to see any others, just email me.

Thanks.

Tom.

 Tom Crummey, Systems and Network Manager,      EMAIL: tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk
 Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
 University College London,                       TEL: +44 (0)20 7679 3898
 Torrington Place,                                FAX: +44 (0)20 7388 9307
 London, UK, WC1E 7JE.