NT4 Client login

Keith Davey keithd at zartis.com
Mon Mar 13 23:23:38 GMT 2000

Ok, Sorry about that. Heres my smb.conf.

I'm working fine from win98 and Solaris and other unixes. The PDC is a redhat
6.1 server.
The NT machines I have are NT4 SP4.

By the way, printing works fine for me.

Thanks,

Keith.

[global]

#NetBIOS name isn't needed if it's the same as the hostname
netbios name = ALDERAN
workgroup = ZARTIS.COM

#flat files that map Unix groups to NT type groups.
#these files take the form unix_group = `Windows NT group''
domain group map = /opt/samba-tng/private/domaingroup.map
domain alias map = /opt/samba-tng/private/domainalias.map

#Domain controllers use user security and we need encrypted
#passwords (see ENCRYPTION.txt)
security = user
domain logons = yes
encrypt passwords = yes

#And in order for us to be *sure* to win browser elections
os level = 65
domain master = yes
preferred master = yes
local master = yes

#WINS is the equivalent of DNS for NetBIOS.
wins support = yes
time server = yes

#the next lines are equivalent to the various profile details
#found in NT's User Manager
logon script = login.bat
logon drive = U:
logon home = \\ALDERAN\%U
logon path = \\ALDERAN\profile\%U

#share all home directories
[homes]
browseable = yes
writable = yes
comment = Users' home directories

#set up netlogon share for system policies and login scripts
[netlogon]
path = /opt/samba-tng/netlogon
writable = no
guest ok = no
comment = PDC netlogon share

#the profiles share
#to create automatic subdirs for the different users
#chmod 1777 /opt/samba-tng/profile
[profile]
path = /opt/samba-tng/profile
writeable = yes